Car Accident Lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan
If you have been hurt in a car accident in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the stress and challenges following a crash can be difficult to navigate. You might be experiencing high levels of adrenaline in the minutes and hours following a crash so it’s understandable to not always know what to do next. Here’s a quick checklist of some things to keep in mind following your accident:
- Stay calm and take steps to get to safety and to secure the safety of others involved. If others have been hurt in a car accident, you have a legal obligation to call 911 and seek medical help for all people who have been hurt.
- Call 911 and make a police report of the accident. Sometimes people may think that they don’t need to make a police report if there appear to be no injuries or no major damages following a car crash, but the reality is that some injuries can take days or weeks to become manifest, and some minor dings on a vehicle can add up to a high repair bill. Even if the accident appears minor, it is a good idea to call 911 and make a police report. The police report may be useful if a person experiences pains later or if repair bills turn out to be higher than expected.
- Exchange contact information with other drivers. Get the names and addresses of other drivers. Get the insurance information of the other driver. If people saw the accident take place, get their names and contact information.
- Tell your insurance company you were involved in an accident. Your insurance company may require you to let them know as soon as possible.
- Reach out to a personal injury lawyer. If you have suffered a serious injury or have questions about how you can seek a recovery for your losses, the car accident lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Neumann Law Group may be able to help you. We can negotiate with insurance adjusters, write demand letters to negligent parties, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
These are just some things to keep in mind following an accident, and it isn’t meant to be an extensive list. The specific steps you’ll need to take following an accident may vary depending on the unique circumstances of your crash. The car accident lawyers at the Neumann Law Group in Grand Rapids, Michigan may be able to help you take the next steps. We are here to help.Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Today
You may not need a car accident attorney after every car accident. If your car accident was minor, resulted in minor injuries, and if you are happy with the settlement your insurance company is offering, you may not need a car accident attorney. Small settlement car accident claims and minor car accident victims may not always need a personal injury lawyer to help them navigate the claims process.
But if you have been seriously injured, disagree with the settlement your car insurance company is offering, or need help seeking damages from negligent parties, have questions about the value of your car accident claim, are disputing negligence with other drivers or parties involved in the accident, you may want to contact a car accident lawyer today. Reach out to the Neumann Law Group today. We offer clients a free initial consultation. In the aftermath of a crash you may be facing high medical exCpenses, lost wages due to missed days from work, and immense stress as a result of life changes stemming from disability or injuries. You are not alone and you may have options when it comes to seeking damages for your losses. The Neumann Law Group is a car accident lawyer that may be able to help you in Grand Rapids, Michigan.