Truck Accident Lawyers in Lansing, Michigan
The truck accident lawyers at the Neumann Law Group in Lansing, Michigan may be able to help you if you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident. The trucking industry is a big business in America. According to Business Insider, trucking is a $700 billion industry. Yet, despite these revenues, thousands of people die, and many more are injured in trucking accidents every year. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, in 2019 alone 4,119 people died in truck accidents. For comparison, a Boeing 747 can carry as many as 467 passengers. The number of people who die in truck accidents is the equivalent of 8 Boeing 747’s crashing every year. If this many planes crashed every year, there would be public outcry and people wouldn’t want to fly. But more people than this die every year in truck accidents. And many more are injured seriously in truck accidents. The people who survive truck accidents often live with disability, are unable to return to work, and suffer major lifestyle changes as a result.
If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in Lansing, Michigan, the Neumann Law Group is a truck accident law firm that may be able to help you. Our truck accident lawyers can review your case, identify negligent parties, negotiate with insurance companies, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law. Contact the Neumann Law Group today to learn more.Why Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Truck accident claims can be more complicated than passenger vehicle claims. When filing a personal injury claim for a truck accident, you’ll want to work with a lawyer that is familiar with truck accident claims. Truck companies and drivers are required to abide by strict federal and local laws. The Neumann Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Lansing, Michigan that can investigate the circumstances of your crash, and help you file a claim. How are truck accident claims unique? Here are a few ways:
- Truck drivers must follow federal hours of service laws. Truck drivers are limited in how long they can remain behind the wheel in a given day. Research indicates that drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident and the driver was in violation of federal hours of service laws, you may be able to seek damages for your losses and pursue a claim.
- Truck drivers must pass regular medical tests. Truck drivers cannot be on certain types of medications because these medications can affect a driver’s alertness. Drivers also cannot have certain medical conditions because these can also affect safety. While drivers are required to undergo regular medical evaluations, sometimes they might be diagnosed with a condition that limits their abilities, but may still get behind the wheel. The Neumann Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Lansing, Michigan that can review your driver’s medical history, review company policies, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve if your driver was not qualified to be behind the wheel.
- Maintenance. Truck companies have a responsibility to perform regular maintenance on vehicles. If a company cuts corners, accidents can happen. The truck accident lawyers at the Neumann Law Group in Lansing, Michigan can review maintenance records to determine whether maintenance may have been an issue in your accident.
- A truck accident lawyer can identify negligent parties. In the aftermath of a truck accident, the case may be more complicated than one involving a passenger vehicle. Multiple parties may be involved. For example, the driver may not be the only one responsible. The truck company, maintenance personnel, or another party entirely may be responsible or partially responsible for the accident.
- Laws regarding trucks. Truck drivers may be required to follow laws specific to trucks. For example, the BAC limit for truck drivers is much lower than the limits for passenger vehicle drivers. Laws regarding texting and driving and cell phone use are also more strict. The Neumann Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Lansing, Michigan that can review your accident and these laws to determine whether the driver or company may have been in violation.
These are just some of the ways that a truck company can be in violation of the law and negligent for your accident. The Neumann Law Group is a truck accident law firm in Lansing, Michigan that works with truck accident victims, helping them seek damages for their losses and compensation for injuries. If you’ve been hurt, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to our truck accident lawyers today to learn more.