Consumer Attorneys of California
Super Lawyers
Consumer Attorneys Association of los Angeles
American Association for Justice
The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers

Family Based Immigration


A foreign citizen looking to move to the United States permanently must obtain a visa and have a sponsor who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident with a green card.

Relatives can apply for entry of an immediate relative. The number of visas that can be granted in this category is NOT limited every year. One can also apply for a distant relative, and the number of visas for this type of application ARE limited every year. Citizens of the United States may apply for a spouse, child, parent, or sibling. A Lawful Permanent Resident may only apply for a child or spouse.

There are numerous forms and documentation that must be submitted in order for these applications to be evaluated and processed. Neumann Law Group can help prepare and submit these forms for you to ensure accuracy.

Immigrant Visas and Adjustment of Status

Those who are in the United States on a nonimmigrant visa may apply for readjustment of status. This application could allow you to become a permanent resident and receive a green card. Once it is determined what green card category you may qualify for, an experienced family-based immigration attorney can help with filing your petitions, assisting with forms, and gathering documentation, assist with scheduling appointments, and help to move the process forward in a prompt manner.

Non-Immigrant Visas

Foreign nationals who intend to live in the United States for a limited period of time can apply for a non-immigrant visa. This is often for those seeking employment, education, medical treatment, and tourism in the United States. There are numerous categories of non-immigrant visas, and specific requirements for applying. These include visitors visas, medical visas, and fiancé visas. The United States will also assist those who have been victims of human trafficking and/or criminal activity and the Neumann Law Group is dedicated to helping them as well. Should you be considered an inadmissible immigrant, we can prepare necessary waivers allowing you to enter the country, despite a variety of reasons that would typically prevent entry. Neumann Law Group can help to prepare the forms, determine your category, and file your claim.


The United States is believed to be a prime destination for those seeking a better life and some decide that they would like to become permanent residents here. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 lays out very specific criteria for applying for citizenship. You must be over the age of 18, have been a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least 5 years and provide proof of such residency, and must reside in the same state for at least 3 months. Other factors are taken into consideration including moral character, ability to speak English and knowledge of U.S. history, and willingness to take an oath to the flag. Naturalization is the process that allows citizenship applicants to move through the difficult process of applying. There are dozens of forms to be completed and documentation that must be submitted to successfully pursue naturalization. These forms are confusing, and it is imperative that you hire an experienced Citizenship attorney to represent your interests and ensure accuracy. We can also help you with applications for passports and can appeal and litigate any denials you may receive.

Humanitarian Efforts

Temporary Protected Status

Many people live in countries that have unsafe living and working conditions, such as war, famine, or natural disaster. Since 1990, the Department of Homeland Security Temporary Protected Status have identified these nations and have allowed migrants to enter the United States for the purposes of employment. These migrants are not considered lawful permanent residents, nor are the citizens; however, they are given the right to live, make a living, and enjoy the safety provided to them. Neumann Law Group is experienced and compassionate and can assist you in navigating this difficult and often emotional process.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)is another vital immigration policy in the United States. Children who came to the United States at a young age are granted protection from deportation and are given authorization to work. Those young people will be given conditional permanent residence status for up to eight years. This act supports the youth in our country, allowing them the opportunity to partake in society and our economy. It prevents these youth from being deported back to a country that they did not grow up in. Many of these young people don’t even know their immigration status or that they are even immigrants! They often find out when trying to apply for colleges or driver’s license as they do not have a social security number. DACA has been a controversial topic in our country. Donald Trump made efforts to end DACA, threatening deportation of over 800,000 youth in the United States. Fortunately, once he was gone, several lawsuits were filed to maintain the program and allow for DACA reapplication. Young people hold the future of our country in their hands, and everyone should be given the opportunity to prosper here. If you or a loved one believe that you qualify for DACA, call Neumann Law Group today to evaluate your claims.


Humanitarian Parole allows temporary entry for foreign-born individuals to the United States for certain of reasons. It is important to note that Parole applications do not confer any type of permanent status and is typically used in emergency situations. The most common situations in which one would be granted parole would be to seek medical treatment, attend a funeral, or serve as an organ donor. Humanitarian parole has also been granted in situations where a significant number of people need to resettle, for example in 1975, following the Vietnam War, we moved around 130,000 parolees. Obtaining parole benefits can be very difficult to pursue, so if you have a need to travel to the United States for one of the reasons listed above or any other reason, please call us for a free case evaluation today.

Parole in Place Similar to Humanitarian Parole, a foreign national who entered the United States without authorization can apply or parole in place. These cases are usually granted on the basis of major humanitarian crises or for significant public benefit involving military families. If you are in the United States without authorization, there may be certain benefits you will not qualify for. With an approved application for parole in place, it is considered a lawful immigration status for the purpose of received those benefits, for example, the ability to apply for work permits and a Green Card. A spouse, widower, and child of an active-duty member of the United States armed forces, in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve, or a military veteran who served active duty can qualify for parole in place.

Client Reviews

Helpful staff who is always there for you. Dedicated to serving your needs.

- Joyce L.

I was involved in a terrible motor vehicle accident and was able to obtain a large settlement that will take care of me for the rest of my life. I also referred my friend to Neumann Law Group regarding a medical malpractice matter. She has also been overly satisfied with this firm. I highly...

- Kevin R.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Available 24/7
  3. 3 We Will Travel to You
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 525-6386 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message